INFORMATION PROVIDED PURSUANT TO LEGISLATIVE DECREE 196/2003
AND OF THE NEW EUROPEAN REGULATION 2016/679 (GDPR)
FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Dear Mr / Mrs, Miss
pursuant to the legislation on the protection of personal data Legislative Decree 30 June 2003, n. 196 (hereinafter "Privacy Code") and subsequent amendments and articles 13 and 14 of EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) we hereby intend to provide you with information relating to the processing of personal data that you provided us through spontaneous compilation of the form on our website in order to evaluate your candidacy for the VERITAS COHORT research project.
We also inform you that if you are considered eligible, before your actual participation in the research project, you will receive further and more specific information on the research project and on the related processing of personal data. Therefore, this policy does not intend to modify or otherwise change the information that will be provided to you on that occasion.
DATA CONTROLLER and CONTACT DATA:
The Data Controller of your data is:
With head office in CATANIA - Via Santa Sofia n 89
Biological Tower - floor 11 North Tower
Tel. +39 095 4781472
Type of data processed
The data that will be processed are those that you will indicate: name, surname, e-mail, alternative contact information (telephone, skype, or other), domicile, age, information on your lifestyle.
The specific categories of personal data processed within the research project will be indicated to you through the additional documentation provided before participating in the project.
With commitment on your part to promptly notify us of any corrections, additions and / or updates.
Legal basis and purpose of the treatment
The legal basis for the processing of all your data is your explicit consent and you will have the right to withdraw it at any time. Except for the potential impossibility of being considered a candidate for the research project, you will not undergo prejudicial consequences for the revocation of your consent.
The processing of your personal data will be carried out for the following purpose: to allow the Data Controller to manage, in all its phases, the selection of the subjects who intend to participate in the research project and all related operations and activities, including administrative ones.
Nature of the provision of data
You have no regulatory and / or contractual obligation to provide us with your personal data. Your personal data is given to us on a voluntary basis as a subject who wishes to participate in the research project.
The provision of your data for the aforementioned purposes is essential, so refusal to provide, even if only partial, will make it impossible to evaluate your participation in the project itself.
Your data will be kept for a period of one year from the conferment.
This is without prejudice to cases where retention for a subsequent period is required by the competent authorities or in accordance with applicable legislation or for the needs arising from the management of any litigation.
Method of treatment
The processing will take place by means of any operation or set of operations applied to personal data or sets of personal data, such as the collection, registration, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or modification, extraction, consultation, use, communication by transmission, comparison or interconnection, limitation, cancellation or destruction, in the following ways: data collection from the data subject; recording and processing on paper; recording and processing on magnetic, IT and any other type of suitable medium, including the Cloud.
The processing is carried out "by" and "at" our organization in compliance with the principles of necessity, relevance, also with the aid of electronic tools or with manual and / or IT and / or telematic systems designed to store, manage and transmit the data collected, with logic strictly related to the purposes.
In any case, the treatment will be carried out with the use of suitable technical and organizational measures to guarantee the security and confidentiality of the data.
For the purposes set out above, if necessary, the data may be transferred to countries of the European Union and to non-EU countries for which there is an adequacy ruling by the Commission.
The data will not be disclosed, specifying that this term means the disclosure in any way, including by making it available or consultation, to indeterminate subjects.
Categories of specific subjects to whom the data can be communicated
Your personal data may be communicated exclusively, for the purposes specified above in compliance with the principle of relevance, to the following subjects who will operate as:
- Specifically authorized collaborators and employees, and within their own duties or Data Protection Officer, if appointed, within the functions entrusted to him/her;
- External Data Processors: companies and / or professionals and / or subjects appointed by the Data Controller to carry out specific processing and / or data processing (such as by way of example: to IT consultants, system administrators)
- Independent Data Controllers, as subjects unrelated to our organization: subjects who can access them by virtue of provisions of law or secondary or community legislation.
Our company may also disclose your personal data to third parties: (i) where required by EU or Member State legislation; (ii) in case of legal proceedings; (iii) in response to a request from law enforcement agencies that is based on legitimate grounds; (iv) to protect the rights, privacy, security or corporate property and, to the extent permitted by law, to investigate, prevent or take measures regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud.
L’interessato, in ogni momento, potrà esercitare i diritti previsti dagli articoli 15 a 22 e dell’art. 77 del Nuovo Regolamento 2016/679 (GDPR) e ciò anche ai sensi del Decreto Legislativo n. 196 del 30 giugno 2003, così come novellato dal D.Lgs. n. 101/2018, nei confronti del Titolare del trattamento e più precisamente:
- Diritto di accesso ai propri dati personali, ai sensi dell’art 15 del GDPR.
- Diritto di rettifica ed integrazione dei propri dati personali, ai sensi dell’art 16 del GDPR.
- Diritto di cancellazione dei propri dati personali nei casi previsti dall’art 17 del GDPR.
- Diritto di limitazione di trattamento dei propri dati personali nelle ipotesi previste dall’art 18 del GDPR.
- Diritto alla comunicazione dei destinatari dei dati personali oggetto del trattamento, ai sensi dell’art 19 del GDPR;
- Diritto alla portabilità dei propri dati personali, ai sensi dell’art 20 del GDPR.
- Diritto di opposizione al trattamento dei dati personali, ai sensi dell’art 21 del GDPR.
- Diritto di non essere sottoposto a una decisione basata unicamente sul trattamento automatizzato, ai sensi dell’art 22 del GDPR.
L’interessato ha, inoltre:
- Diritto ad ottenere i dati di contatto del Responsabile della protezione dei dati se nominato;
- Diritto a revocare, in qualsiasi momento, il consenso prestato al trattamento dei dati, senza che ciò pregiudichi la liceità del trattamento effettuato prima della revoca.
Rights of the data subject
The data subject, at any time, may exercise the rights provided from articles 15 to 22 and of article 77 of the New Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) and this also pursuant to Legislative Decree no. 196 of 30 June 2003, as amended by Legislative Decree no. 101/2018, towards the Data Controller and more precisely:
- Right of access to personal data, pursuant to art 15 of the GDPR.
- Right to rectification and integration of personal data, pursuant to art 16 of the GDPR.
- Right to obtain the erasure of personal data in the cases provided for by art 17 of the GDPR.
- Right to restriction of processing of personal data in the cases provided for by Article 18 of the GDPR.
- Right to the notification of the recipients of the personal data being processed, pursuant to Article 19 of the GDPR.
- Right to data portability of personal data, in the terms and conditions, pursuant to Article 20 of the GDPR.
- Right to object to the processing of personal data, pursuant to art 21 of the GDPR.
- Right not to be subject to automated decisions, including profiling, pursuant to art 22 of the GDPR.
The data subject also has the:
- Right to obtain the contact details of the Data Protection Officer, if appointed;
- Right to revoke any consent given to the processing of data, at any time and without this prejudicing the lawfulness of the processing carried out before the revocation.
The rights are exercised, with a request addressed, without formalities to the Data Controller, also through a designated person, which will be seen to without delay. The request can be transmitted using the contact details indicated in the epigraph.
Pursuant to art. 77 GDPR 2016/679, the data subject also has the right to lodge a complaint to the competent supervisory authority based on his or her habitual residence, place of work or place of violation of rights. In Italy, the Guarantor for the protection of personal data is competent to the Data Protection Authority.
Pursuant to art 2 – undecies of the Legislative Decree n. 196 of 30 June 2003, as amended by Legislative Decree 101/2018, the data subject is informed of the following: "1. The rights referred to in Articles 15 to 22 of the Regulation cannot be exercised with a request to the Data Controller or with a complaint pursuant to Article 77 of the Regulation if from the exercise of these right can derive an actual and concrete prejudice to: a) the interests protected under the provisions on money laundering; b) the interests protected under the provisions on support for victims of extortion requests; c) the activity of parliamentary committees of inquiry established pursuant to article 82 of the Constitution; d) the activities carried out by a public entity, other than economic public bodies, based on the express provision of the law, for exclusive purposes relating to monetary and currency policy, the payment system, the control of intermediaries and credit and financial markets, as well as the protection of their stability; e) to carry out defensive investigations or to exercise a right in court; f) the confidentiality of the employee's identity who reports pursuant to law 30 November 2017, no. 179, the offense of which he or she became aware because of his office. 2. In the cases referred to in paragraph 1, letter c), the provisions of the parliamentary regulations or the law or the founding rules of the Commission of inquiry apply. 3. In the cases referred to in paragraph 1, letters a), b), d) e) and f) the rights referred to in the same paragraph are exercised in accordance with the provisions of law or regulation governing the sector, which must at least bear direct measures to regulate the areas referred to in Article 23 (2) of the Regulation. The exercise of the same rights can, in any case, be delayed, limited or excluded with reasoned communication and made without delay to the data subject, unless the communication may compromise the purpose of the limitation, for the time and within the limits in which this constitutes a necessary and proportionate measure, taking into account the fundamental rights and the legitimate interests of the data subject, in order to safeguard the interests referred to in paragraph 1, letters a), b), d), e) and f). In such cases, the rights of the data subject can also be exercised through the Guarantor in the manner referred to in Article 160. In this case, the Guarantor informs the data subject that all the necessary checks have been performed or that a review has been carried out, as well as the right of the data subject to bring a judicial appeal. The Data Controller informs the data subject of the faculties referred to in this paragraph".
Catania, 7th July 2020